Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

smoky heights.

Fall is on its way.
It reminds me of the times we would pack up & head to the mountains.
Eager for fellowship with the wilderness.
A rough 40 mile trek on the Appalachian Trail, through stream crossings, steep climbs, & unsteady bridge crossings.
We grew so close.
Staying in shelters with nothing but a hammock.
Looking forward to the simple conversation.
Meeting the thru hikers who were on just another day of their 2,184 mile journey. 
Being encouraged by the quiet rush.
Pushing forward to know we'd accomplished something great. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm love this. love these photos.

Today's Letters said...

let's do another 40 mi section! tim would be so happy to be reunited with the AT! #hammockdreams #trailmagic #more

Olivia-my-heart said...

Your photos are stunning! I miss hiking in the mountains (in Florida, we don't have mountains).
Also, I was tagged in this liebster thing and it's a bit corny but a bit fun too, and I tagged you! If you're interested in doing it too, here's the link to my post:

http://olivia-my-heart.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-ing.html

Hope you're having a great weekend!