Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Palm Sunday: Peach Jam

Well its peach season and the time to make my favorite jam is finally here! Last year I had the opportunity to work on my professor's farm. We picked blueberries, I bared my soul, got advice, & learned how to make homemade fresh blueberry jam. Ben's grandparents lived next to Reid's Orchard in Owensboro, and every year I get so excited waiting for a fresh batch of peaches! After learning about the joys of jam last year, I decided to give it a go, so when Momma Iva and Poppa called with this year's bushel of fuzzy fruit, we quickly gathered supplies & invited friends (Chels & Morg) over to have a jam session. Its a new year and a new flavor but the experience was much the same & I wanted to share it!
Ben peeling the peaches...so ripe the skin just fell off! YUM.
Mash peaches, add pectin, bring to a boil, add sugar, & stir.
The finished product.
"Geez Mom, hurry up! I need some attention!"-Ryder 

No comments: